|HOME||INDUSTRIA NAVAL||METALMECÃNICA||GRANDES OBRAS||INSTITUCIONAL||news||Asocianiones||Contacto||Presidente|
130 YEARS OF HISTORY
The Argentine Naval Industrial Complex (CINAR) was created on May 17, 2010, the day of the national Navy, when the strategic decision to merge the yard TANDANOR, with the shipyard Almirante Storni was taken. Thereafter the two yards would function as a single unit dedicated to repair, conversion and shipbuilding, and more recently to the oil & gas industry.
However, the history of this shipyard, owner of a huge international prestige, dates back to over 130 years when in November 18, 1879, President Nicolas Avellaneda put into operation Talleres Navales de Marina for the maintenance of the navy´s ships.
ARSENAL NAVAL BS. AS.
In 1901 the first milestone occurs in the history of the shipyard when the fine tunning worksof the ship ANTARCTIC - a Swedish expedition ship headed to the south pole- were made. Towards the end of 1910, an average of more than 100 vessels had been repaired annually in its docks.
In February 1922 the shipyard was renamed ARSENALNAVAL BUENOS AIRES and in 1927 electric welding is incorporated to the services provided by the yard to its customers.
When the state's merchant fleet was created in 1942, the shipyard had to prepare, repair and commission the former foreign vessels purchased for this purpose.